Thursday, May 31, 2012

HCG Diet and Me

Last Wednesday I went to the doctor because I had a severe sore throat, come to find out I had strep throat. Even worse than the painful sore throat, and ear aches, was the number that stared back at me on the new digital scale in the Dr.'s office. I had gained almost 10 pounds in the past month of clean eating and walking/running 3 miles a day 4 times a week. I didn't feel good already, and this did it, I started crying while waiting for the doctor. I have struggled with my weight for a few years now. I told my doctor how hard I'd been working and I didn't understand why I had gained and not lost. I had blood work done last year and my Thyroid tested and everything came back normal. Except I was defficient on Vitamin D, but other than that no reason for the weight gain and no reason for why it's so hard for me to lose. I was on Phentermine for 3 months and didn't lose any weight.He told me about the HCG Diet. A hardcore 500 calorie a day diet where you take drops or injections of HCG to help promote weight loss.I was skeptical, I have always heard losing weight fast was bad, but being desperate I decided to give it a try. Since Thursday, May 24, I have lost 9 lbs. I lost 1 inch off my thigh, my bicep and my hips, half of an inch off my waist and 2" off my bust line. I must say I am thrilled. I also am now very aware of how poorly I was eating without even realizing it.Since starting I've found many great healthy recipes to cook that keep me on track and that my family enjoy as well. I am not looking for a quick fix, I am looking for long term weight loss, which I know takes hard work. After the 30 days of this diet are up I will continue on an 800 a day calorie diet, and bring back the exercise. This is a life change for me, not a diet. I owe it to myself and to my family to be healthy and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment